Hello Ranger Students, Parents, and Guardians, Welcome to a new year at Rincon High School! I look forward to finally having our students back on campus for inperson learning. Over the last year and a half, we have learned a lot about how technology can serve as a powerful tool for learning, which is why it is exciting to announce that even as we return to in-person learning, we will continue the practice of issuing all students a laptop. Teachers will continue using digital platforms to post assignments, collect assessment data, provide feedback and communicate with students and parents. Students will learn strategies to stay organized in the digital world we live in, while developing valuable 21st century skills that will be an asset in their lives beyond high school. This year we will also be placing emphasis on after school opportunities for students to reconnect with the school environment by proving expanded club offerings and individualized academic opportunities. It is very important to us that our students get the help they need while reestablishing positive social relationships tied to Rincon. We strongly encourage all students to get involved in activities that extend beyond the traditional school day.
QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE…
• What do I do if I still need a laptop after school has started?
o Email Areli.Zapata@tusd1.org or Mary.Noragus@tusd1.org call 232-5706 and leave a message
• What if I don’t know my email, matric #, username, password, or need help because my laptop isn’t working?
o Email Michelle.SantaCruz@tusd1.org or call 232-5706 and leave a message
• What’s my student’s school email?
o email@example.com Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Where do I go to log-in to StudentVUE/ParentVUE to see my gradebook?
o https://student.tusd1.org/PXP2_Login_Student.aspx?regenerateSessionId=True Student
o https://parent.tusd1.org/PXP2_Login_Parent.aspx?regenerateSessionId=True Parent
• Where are my classes online (aka Microsoft Teams)?
• How do I post to my class page/team?
• How do I turn in assignments?
• How do students check grades and see what they are missing?